Each entry guarantees 1/2 interest in a live, healthy yearling buck Nov 1, 2017.
Random draft order will be determined by a live online drawing.
Study the Buck Draft Catalog and make notes on your favorite pedigreed fawns.
Trade, sell or barter for draft position changes if you desire.
Select your draft choice on draft night - broadcast live online.
Watch your buck grow via our private online portal.
Decide on collecting and moving your buck to breed at your farm.
Cutoff, collect and score deadlines - Nov 1st, 2017 and 2018.
Attend the 2017 and 2018 Buck Draft Banquet for year 1 & year 2 payouts.
Come to both parties to see how your buck stacked up each year.
- Entries are open until April, 2017 or until 40 spots are sold. All entry money must be remitted in full by April 15, 2017. The entry fee money is broken down as 50% for the buck pick and 50% to the contest. Entry into both is required.
- Each $12500 entry Guarantees ½ Interest in a live, healthy yearling buck on November 1, 2017.
- 2 rounds of draft selections for each paid entry
- 1 - 40 are selected by lottery drawing
- 41 - 90 are automatically in reverse order
- Only 2 Draft Entries per farm may be purchased from Rockstar Whitetails
- Trading and bartering can occur with any and all draft picks and prizes won before or during the draft that are owned by a contestant
- When a trade or sell is complete the original owner of the draft pick must contact Rockstar Whitetails in writing via letter, email or text, to verify the draft pick position change or sell to another farm for our records.
- Contestants must release one draft choice per entry before August 1, 2017
- Additional entries purchased from other farms do not count towards the maximum of 2 entries per farm.
- Re-picks if necessary will occur on Aug 2, 2017 or at the discretion of the Rockstar team based on any widespread health or viral issues
- Re-picks will start with the highest draft pick to be replaced and follow in ascending order until all bucks are replaced.
- Any deaths occurring after Aug 1 may be picked starting at the time of death at the contestants discretion. Repicks after Aug 1 are 1st come/1st serve should multiple deaths occur.
- Entries will be cut, moved, and collected by Nov 1, 2017.
- All decisions will be made on each buck between individual partners
- Bucks can be boarded at Rockstar Whitetails for a fee of $1000/year with all-inclusive care other than unusual circumstances such as surgery, which will be discussed prior to action being taken.
- Bucks can be cut and moved earlier than Nov 1, and can also be collected later than Nov 1, 2017 at the partner’s discretion but, the antlers must be removed by Nov 1, 2017 in order to officially submit a score.
- Antlers can be left on the animal at the partner’s discretion but, will forfeit the 2017 prize year.
- Once a buck has been cut, collected or moved, the buck has reached his guaranteed status
- Scoring and awards banquet will take place before MLD season starts and after the last day to release bucks in TX. In the event of sickness or other issues deemed to put the draft choices at risk then scoring will take place as timely as possible and awards banquet will take place in January 2018. Buck Draft 2016 & 2017 Winners banquet will be held at the same time and venue.
- The new TX Buck Division is only applicable to the 16 bucks marked for the TX division in the Buck Draft catalog. TX Bucks are eligible for all normal draft contest winnings plus the additional sidepot of $25000 total over the 2 year payout. Payout will be $12500 each year Broken down accordingly:
- 1st $6250
- 2nd $3750
- 3rd $2500
- Payout by the end of 2017.
- 50% of all draft entry fees will be paid back plus there may be additional giveaways and bonus items available. The other 50% goes to the purchase of the ½ interest in the drafted buck.
- 50% of the prize money will be eligible in 2017 and 50% is eligible in 2017 as 2yr olds
- Winners will be based on our weighted point system and not just overall score. *See the scoring table provided.
- In the event of a tie, widest tip to tip spread will determine the winner
- The number of winning positions is as follows:
- 25 entries = 7 winners
- 30 entries = 8 winners
- 35 entries = 9 winners
- 40 entries = 10 winners
- The availability of a particular Buck at the time of the draft is not guaranteed. In the event of a death or chronic illness after the draft, you will be permitted to choose your next favorite undrafted choice of any 2016 Buck on the farm, regardless of date up to Nov 1, 2017 or when the particular buck has been cut, collected or moved.
- Dates are subject to change; all draft participants will be notified before any date changes are made.
- Laurentian Stag Hunt like a Rockstar. Drawing will occur before the draft begins. Each entry = 1 raffle ticket. Only 40 tickets will be handed out. Raffle tickets may be sold or bartered at the contestant’s discretion.
- Entry into raffles, giveaways and other prizes are limited to the first 40 secured entries into Buck Draft 2017
Rockstar Whitetails is partnering on each buck chosen in the draft. Before decisions are made regarding marketing, collecting semen, selling the buck or buck semen both parties must come to a mutually agreed upon plan.
Each buck will have the opportunity to be drawn as a yearling if desired. Each buck will be evaluated individually to help advise a plan that is in the best interest of both parties. Partnered Semen can be handled in many ways and should be discussed and agreed upon before collecting.
Proceeds from sales of semen, live covers or the buck himself will be split equally.
RULES SUBJECT TO CHANGE
The rules of the draft and the dates of certain events are subject to change, which will be announced as soon as possible to all participants equally.
THE BUCK DRAFT CONCEPT
In 2013 we launched the first large scale nationally marketed breeding competition. This contest was the launching pad for the many contests and competitions you see today. We felt it was our responsibility to continue bringing new, better ideas to our customers that provide tremendous amounts of fun and opportunity. Using customer input and lots of planning we tried to bring something to the table that is not only unique but also extremely rewarding.
In order to improve on where we started we decided we needed to shorten the time it takes to provide winners. We also feel it is extremely important to make sure everyone ends up with a legitimate entry and chance to win. This Buck Draft insures that everyone has a chance and will have an entry when its time to decide a winner and we get there without wishing away our lives for next year. This is the only contest or competition where the winners are paid in less than a year from the start and where every entry will be assured a tangible asset at the same time.